The BodyConnect Approach
Dr. Deb Arthur is the owner and creator of The BodyConnect Approach. Professionally, Deb is a gifted facilitator who has a depth of technical experience, academic training and understanding. She has been in the field of wellness and fitness for 25 plus years. As athlete, student, coach, professor, Reiki master, mother, personal trainer, and wellness coach, she has gathered experiences and developed her philosophy of wellness and healing. Along with her credentials listed below, Deb has explored various modalities, such as yoga, Trager, and Feldenkrais, and incorporates this exploration into her current practice.
Deb has an intuitive understanding as well and can effectively use her training and experience to help you integrate how the body works and moves and how emotions and thoughts impact your movement.
Personally, Deb has lived in disconnection and connection. So she intimately knows the difficult choices you have to make for your life journey. She understands that life is a process with ebb and flow, challenges and miracles. And from that place of experience and understanding, she guides others.
Deb is an intuitive, compassionate and sensitive guide who will hold nonjudgmental space for you. She will show you how you can know, for yourself, the power, sensing, integration, and wisdom of your body.
• BS in Sport Management from UMass/Amherst (MA)
• MS in Teaching and Administration from Springfield College (MA)
• Doctorate in Physical Education (Sport Psychology) from Springfield College (MA)
• ACE-certified Health Coach
• ACE-certified Personal Trainer
• CPR/AED Certified— American Red Cross
• Reiki Master Teacher
• Youth, high school and collegiate athletic level coach
• Personal fitness coach at The Longfellow Club (MA), Lady of America (NH), Living In Motion (NH), Healthworks Fitness Center for Women (MA), Body Empowered Wellness (MA), Boston Sports Club (MA), The Body Architect (ME), Zuja Wellness (ME), Addicted to Fitness (FL)
• Professor at Bridgewater State College (MA), Salem State College (MA), and Keene State College (NH)
• Mom of two beautiful daughters
"Deb is an insightful instructor who takes a holistic approach to her clients’ needs. She quickly assessed several muscle imbalances and started me on a thorough body awareness campaign that has enabled me to use core muscles that I was not using properly, gain strength, tone and avoid injury. Deb has given me the tools to achieve total body fitness through increased body awareness and she has made it fun along the way."
The BodyConnect Approach 2016